“Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story.”
― Leo Tolstoy
The story I wanted to tell here is of a siren who sang a ship to ground and, for whatever reason, forever lamented her actions. On a deeper level the image is about shame and regret and how even superheroes and fairytale characters make mistakes, because no good story comes without challenges and redemption.
'Siren's Sorrow' was a finalist in the Contemporary Art Awards 2015 and won first prize in the Royal Queensland Show 2016.
Digital photograph on fine art archival paper
Small limited edition print (30 only) 30.48 x 30.48cm including border
Large limited edition print (15 only) 55.88 x 55.88cm including border
All prints are © Hayley Roberts and cannot be reproduced without permission.
• Limited Edition prints are available in two sizes.
• Sizes include a surrounding one inch border for ease of framing.
• Printed on Genuine Epson Inks on Ilford GALERIE Prestige Gold Fibre Gloss fine art archival paper.
• Limited edition prints are numbered and hand signed by the artist (within the white border), and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
• Framing will need to be arranged separately.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If your chosen artwork doesn't vibe with you or your space simply send me an email and return your print in its original packaging within seven days of receipt and I will issue you a refund (excluding return postage).
• Prints are shipped inside a tube or box and are not matted or framed.
• Prints are shipped or couriered with a tracking number and require signature on delivery.
• Please allow 10 business days for printing and shipping.