'Silenced' is for all of you who have been mentally, emotionally or physically abused and are forced to stay silent while the abuser is free to abuse again and again and again.
I wanted this image to resemble a painting because abusers are often incapable of seeing their victims in 3D, lacking the empathy that gives people substance and validity. By painting her mouth closed she is drained of colour and dimension.
Silenced is a self-portrait overlaid on an image of paint strokes. The painting like effect was entirely created using Photoshop brushes and filters.
Digital photograph on fine art archival paper
Small limited edition print (15 only) 25.4 x 35.56cm including border
Large limited edition print (7 only) 45.72 x 66.04cm including border
All prints are © Hayley Roberts and cannot be reproduced without permission.
• Limited Edition prints are available in two sizes.
• Sizes include a surrounding one inch border for ease of framing.
• Printed on Genuine Epson Inks on Ilford GALERIE Prestige Gold Fibre Gloss fine art archival paper.
• Limited edition prints are numbered and hand signed by the artist (within the white border), and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
• Framing will need to be arranged separately.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If your chosen artwork doesn't vibe with you or your space simply send me an email and return your print in its original packaging within seven days of receipt and I will issue you a refund (excluding return postage).
• Prints are shipped inside a tube or box and are not matted or framed.
• Prints are shipped or couriered with a tracking number and require signature on delivery.
• Please allow 10 business days for printing and shipping.